By using this website and/or affiliated Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages (collectively “The Positive Effect Platforms”), you signify your agreement to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions, do not use this Platform. The Positive Effect (TPE) may revise and update these term sand conditions without notice at any time. Your continued use of this Platform will mean you accept those changes.
TPE welcomes and encourages respectful comments and contributions to promote community discussion on TPE Platforms. TPE deeply values the opinions, stories, and experiences that you wish to share.
While we make a reasonable effort to monitor and/or moderate content posted on TPE Platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond to online requests for information in a timely manner.
- Content posted on TPE website is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to serve as medical or legal advice. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, or legal advice. If you have or suspect you have a health problem, please consult your family physician. If you have or suspect you are experiencing a health emergency, please promptly visit a hospital emergency department in your area. Please consult a licensed doctor or lawyer before making decisions with medical or legal implications.
- While we make every effort to ensure that content is accurate as of the date it’s posted, mistakes may appear. Information may also become outdated. The content of web pages, reports, videos, webinars and other items on TPE website may change periodically without notice.
- Content posted to TPE website is not intended for commercial use. Content may be used for educational or academic purposes provided that The Positive Effect or contributing authors are credited as the source.
- Content posted to TPE’s website may present opinions expressed by researchers, clinicians, support workers, community members, policy makers, and other stakeholders. While TPE respects these opinions, their inclusion on the website should not be seen as an endorsement by either The Positive Effect or its funders. By posting on TPE Platforms, you agree to take full responsibility for your comments and engagement, and for any consequences directly resulting from, or in relation to, something written in a comment.
TPE reserves the sole right to review and/or delete any comments that it deems inappropriate. Comments including, but not limited to the following, may be deleted or edited by TPE:
- abusive or hurtful comments about a blogger or another participant;
- off-topic and redundant comments (including the promotion of events, groups, pages, websites,
organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with TPE);
- comments that contain language that is discriminatory towards any identities or groups that are protected classes under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms; and/or
- personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about another participant).
- Any websites linked from TPE website are created by organizations outside of TPE, and those organizations are responsible for the information in their sites. TPE does not recommend and does not endorse the content of any third-party websites. TPE is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites or third-party advertisements and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. Any specific comments regarding such a site should be directed to the organization responsible for it.
- We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you become a member or a subscriber, use The Positive Effect website or use a third-party tool, etc.), where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise permitted by law. “Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, gender, date of birth, language of correspondence, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, and membership in an organization.
- Information submitted by users on a voluntary basis helps The Positive Effect evaluate our products and services. Information provided by visitors to TPE website is only used as needed to fulfill the stated purpose of their requests. TPE does not disclose, give or sell any personal information about visitors to our site.
- Risks to posting on TPE Platforms: By submitting content to TPE Platforms, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that TPE may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes [which may include the name and/or image of the content, if already included in a submission for public purposes]. Please note that other participants may also use your posted information beyond the control of TPE. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via TPE Platforms used, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post.
- The Positive Effect also uses a © 2020 Commento, Inc. plug-in that supports anonymous commenting [on the Blog pages, etc.] and respects your privacy by not including third-party trackers and advertisements.